Kensington ADB trackballs

Hello,

I recently acquired a Kensington Turbo Mouse - actually a trackball -
which is supposedly supported by our ADB mouse driver. I just copied
the initialization sequence from the old ADB code when writing my own
replacement many years ago, since I didn't have the hardware. Now I do.
Turns out the init string sent to the trackball, which is identical to
what Linux uses to this day, is completely insane at least for my
device, which is a revision 4.0.
It programs the left button as a toggle for button 1 and the right
button as button 2 ( the middle button... ), with a one second(!)
debounce delay. Needless to say that's completely unusable.
I've spent a weekend figuring out what the init string actually does
and how to change it, resulting in far more sane support in the adbms
driver, and a dedicated driver - ktm - which lets you program some more
of the trackball's features ( so far only button assignments, more as
soon as I figure out how they work )
So, if you have a Kensington ADB trackball, please try it with a recent
-current kernel, if possible with the ktm driver enabled. By default
the buttons should be assigned to the left and right mouse buttons,
with a sane debounce delay ( as in, immediate response ).
If you have a Kensington ADB trackball with more than two buttons, or a
hardware revision other than 4.0, please build a kernel with the ktm
driver and 'options KTM_DEBUG' and mail me the kernel output and wether
it behaves as described above.

have fun
Michael