Re: Hunting the ahc boot-time panic

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 08:15:49AM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Oct 2011, Michael wrote:
>
> >Please try the attached patch with an unmodified ahc_pci.c
>
> After applying the patch to HEAD (as of about 201110201100Z), I built
> tools, modules and my GENERIC_DEBUG kernel.  It boots without problems.
>
> Since it effectively partially reverts the pci.c v1.138->v1.139 change,
> where should be looking for a lasting solution?

For a lasting solution, we need for the _IO_OKAY and _MEM_OKAY flags in
the pci_attach_args to reflect the information from the BIOS (be that
OpenFirmware or something else).

Dave

--
David Young             OJC Technologies is now Pixo
dyoung%pixotech.com@localhost     Urbana, IL   (217) 344-0444 x24