Booting original iMac

So, I was finally able to build a NetBSD-4.0_STABLE for macppc and used
it to netboot my old original bondi-blue iMac (233MHz MPC750).  See
"dmesg.boot" at:

  http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/imac-nb4-dmesg.txt

The file contains boot messages of a GENERIC kernel, GENERIC with
"machfb" disabled via userconf, and a custom kernel built from:

  http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/BONDI-nb4.txt

The machfb attachment leaves the display garbaged, but booting completes
and I can log in blind and at least reboot the machine.  Disabling machfb
via userconf lets ofb attach and everything works well from a text
console.  I haven't tried X yet.  The custom kernel mostly just eliminates
stuff I don't/can't have.

Previously, in

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2009/12/13/msg000981.html
  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-macppc/2010/01/16/msg000998.html

I described problems booting -current on the iMac (hangs after message
about waiting for SCSI devices to settle).  I built and tried 5.0_STABLE,
but it has the same problem as -current.

I then built a custom kernel for NetBSD-5.0_STABLE based on what I did
for 4.0 just in case the problem was with other added drivers.

  http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/BONDI-nb5.txt

But this does not help.

Transcribing console messages by hand is difficult in my setup.  The
iMac's screen faces 180 degrees away from all the other machines on
which I might type and due to a lingering illness I can't move it yet.

Soon, I hope.