Re: Upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 quandry. . .

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:39:32PM -0600, jim smith wrote:
> Here's the quandry: how do I get the new ofwboot.xcf and netbsd kernel
> to the old HFS partition?

Why boot the kernel from HFS?  At home, I run NetBSD/macppc with ofwboot
on a very small HFS partition, and I let it read the kernel straight
from FFS.  This works only for FFSv1, not FFSv2, though.

"boot hd:,\ofwboot.xcf hd:11,/netbsd" is the command I use for that,
on my single-boot machine.  The partition number may differ on your machine.
I never really understood the mapping of "partition" numbers to
disklabel partitions..

Cheers,
Peter
--