Re: Upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0 quandry. . .

| From: jim smith <n0oct%sbcglobal.net@localhost>
| Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 22:39:32 -0600

jim> Here's the quandry: how do I get the new ofwboot.xcf and netbsd kernel
jim> to the old HFS partition?  I've tried boot the 4.0 kernel from CD,
jim> which works for booting the kernel, but won't continue on to loading
jim> things from wd0.  Apparently there isn't enough information there to
jim> tell it to 'move on' to wd0.

Have you tried booting like
    boot cd:,ofwboot.xcf hd:3/netbsd
?
You may need some time to get the correct partition number
shown as 3 in above example.
----
Makoto Fujiwara,
Chiba, Japan, Narita Airport and Disneyland prefecture.