Port-mac68k archive

Re: Installation Error For Mac68k NetBSD on SE/30

On Sat, 19 Aug 2023 08:51:50 -0500, RJ Kucia wrote:
>  I booted the installer kernel and went through the full process, and
> *thought* it went well, but when I try to use the booter it says â??Magic
> numbers do not match - Improper UFS paritionâ??.

Hum - I don't think the Booter supports FFS v2 filesystems, yet.
OTOH, sysinst shouldn't create any, at least not for the root
file-system.

> At the end of the installer
> it also said it failed a sanity check,

...details?

> which Iâ??m guessing means Iâ??m SOL and
> will have to do this all over again.

It's a learning curve. Or, as the manual for The Pawn put it back in
the days, "A true adventurer prefers his wounds well-salted".

You'll get there.  :)

> It might be that the partition is at
> the end of the disk, based on what some of you have said, so I think the
> next step would be to try it on its own disk at SCSI 1 or whatever. Does
> that sound promising to yâ??all?

Until you have it all figured out, working on an extra disk will
certainly make changes easier.

Cheerio,
Hauke

--