Port-i386 archive

Re: bootxx needs to fit within 0th track of MBR partition?

>> There's 8K of space not used by UFS1 [...].  On i386 and amd64, [...]

> That matches my memory, except that I find the first partition at
> zero to be relatively normal.  At least that's what we did on real
> computers before PCs :-)

Well, yes.  My discussion was restricted to i386 and amd64, because
this is happening on port-i386 and port-amd64.  There is one other port
I use routinely these days (sparc), and, there, I use partitions
beginning at offset 0 routinely, the disklabel lives in sector 0, and
there is 7.5K available for booters.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign