Port-i386 archive

Re: shrink ci_ilevel from 32 to 8 bits ?

Le sam. 11 avr. 2020 à 22:25, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> a écrit :
> So I'ld like to change ci_istate to
>        struct {
>                uint32_t        ipending;
>                int8_t          ilevel;
>                uint8_t         xpending;
>                int16_t         ipad; /* free bits for futur use */
>                uint32_t        imasked;
>        } ci_istate __aligned(8);

A while ago there was talk that it would be nice to expand ipending to
allow more native interrupts per CPU, which also involved shrinking
ilevel to int8_t and reusing the extra space. I started on that, but
never finished.

So this helps with that eventually too. It will be easier to adapt and
reuse the remaining space for native interrupts since ilevel handling
would be out of the way already by your change.

Thanks!

Jaromir