Port-i386 archive

Re: x86 TLB shootdown changes

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 23:41:10 +0000
Andrew Doran <ad%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> The idea with this change is threefold:
>
> 1. Shave some time off processing of the IPIs.
> 2. Reduce cacheline/bus traffic on systems with many CPUs.
> 3. Minimise time spent at IPL_VM.
>
> diff:
> 	http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/2019/tlb.diff
>
> libmicro comparison:
> 	http://www.netbsd.org/~ad/2019/tlb.html
>
> Comments?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Thanks for the improvment, looks good to me and quite impressive speed
up at least as seen in thie micro benchmark.

Kind regards,
para

-----
You will continue to suffer
if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you.
True power is sitting back and observing everything with logic.
If words control you that means everyone else can control you.
Breathe and allow things to pass.

--- Bruce Lee