Port-i386 archive

Re: Fwd: Booting USB Flash

Hello Andreas,

    I used fdisk to look at the installation images (perhaps
the first I've run fdisk against an ordinary file). They all
looked good with the partition marked as active. I was going
to do the same against a flash drive after writing the image
to it but to make sure things were clean I first used dd to
write zeros to every sector on the USB flash drive.  The
imaged flash drive looked ok in fdisk so I thought I'd try
booting the i386 board from it.  It worked and I now have a
working NetBSD/i386 8.0 machine.

    Either I did it wrong the other day, I used a bad USB
flash drive or there was something left on the flash drive
that threw the computer off in terms of bootability.  Either
way, thanks for the help and I apologise for the noise.

-Andy Ball