Port-i386 archive

Re: ld vs. dkctl in netbsd-8

On 11/29/18 4:08 AM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 02:25:44AM -0500, Louis Guillaume wrote:
I just noticed this message in the console after a reboot:

   raid2: get cache for component /dev/dk1 failed

which is a bit troubling, considering I didn't get a similar message for
dk0, which is the other half of that raid1 pair (on raidframe).

These drives are on separate (slightly different) twa controllers, using the
ld driver. I recently updated this driver due to MP_SAFE crashes by applying
the patch in this PR (the latest patch)...

Does dkctl getcache works for this wedge, or the underlying ld device ?

Unfortunately no. It seems ld doesn't respond to many of the familiar ata controls nor some dkctls...

# atactl ld0 smart status
atactl: ATAIOCCOMMAND failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

# dkctl ld0 getcache
dkctl: /dev/rld0: getcache: Inappropriate ioctl for device

It could be a transcient error, or it could be related to the
battery warning you have in the dmesg ...

I totally missed that battery warning! Thanks for pointing that out.