Port-i386 archive

Re: LSI MegaRAID installation

Fujitsu
Tech Support tell me the chip is vendor 8086 product a106.

I have gone back to square one, initialised a pair of disks in RAID 1
mode, set the BIOS to RAID rather than AHCI mode, and see from dmesg
that this configures at ahcisata0.

According to Ubuntu it is an LSI SAS-3 3108 (Invader).

So: is there currently no driver? is there something I am not doing
correctly so that the RAID controller is not recognised?  or am I just
misunderstanding what I should expect to see in the install process (I
was expecting to see one virtual disk to partition, not two physical
disks).

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>

--
Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>

This email is for the addressee only.   If you are not the addressee
you should immediately delete this email from your system(s) and
inform us.   It may contain information that is confidential or
otherwise privileged, and should not be copied or redistributed to
recipients not originally specified as addressees without permission.

S F Blinkhorn MA PhD CPsychol FBPsS, Managing Director,
Psychometric Research & Development Ltd.
PO Box 1143, St Albans, Herts, AL1 9UT, UK
Registered in England No. 1909571
Registered Office: 45 Grosvenor Rd., St Albans, Herts, AL1 3AW
Phone: +44 (0)1727 841455
http://www.prd.co.uk