Port-i386 archive

Re: compile kernel

    Date:        Thu, 30 Jun 2016 18:34:03 +0000
    From:        Philo <philo.netbsd%free.fr@localhost>

  | I try with AMD64 processor but the acpi ans smp doesn't work !

That has been known to happen, on some systems, rarely - but I think we
should concentrate on one issue at a time, and not mix things up.

  | so i have a Raspberry PI3 with armv7, netbsd 7.0 works fine with
  | pkgsrc-2016Q1

That's good, but does it have anything at all to do with the current problem?

  | also i try to compile a kernel.

For what, on what host?

  | again i have a Sun Blade 1500 with ultrasparc64 processor IIIi, the
  | compilation go at the end.
  | i have a new sparc64 kernel but it doesn't load at boot startup.

Again, this looks to be a different problem.   Please don't mix things up.

You still have not said exactly what is different between your kernel
config file and the GENERIC file you started from.   And please, when you
do that, do it the way Paul asked for - run diff, and send the output.
We do not what to know what you think you did, or what you intended to do,
but to see what actually was changed (changing config files in a way that
works can be a challenge, it is not nearly as simple as it perhaps should be.)

Also, please tell us what the host system for this compilation is, what
kind of computer (cpu type, etc) and what OS (incl version) it runs.

kre