Port-i386 archive

Re: Traversing the NetBSD Makefile Build System

On Jun 1, 10:48am, thor0505%comcast.net@localhost ("William D. Jones") wrote:
-- Subject: Re: Traversing the NetBSD Makefile Build System

| A better question for me is: where are all the dependall-* targets
| generated? MAKEDIRTARGET executes the dependall-* targets in
| bsd.buildinstall.mk, but does not actually traverse into subdirectories.

In bsd.own.mk:

TARGETS+=  all clean cleandir depend dependall includes \
TARGETS+=  lintmanpages

So up there is where "dependall" is found...

In bsd.subdir.mk:

__RECURSETARG=  ${TARGETS:Nclean}

.for targ in ${__RECURSETARG}
.for dir in ${__REALSUBDIR}
__TARGDIR := ${dir}
.if ${__TARGDIR} == ".WAIT"
SUBDIR_${targ} += .WAIT
.elif !commands(${targ}-${dir})
${targ}-${dir}: .PHONY .MAKE __recurse
SUBDIR_${targ} += ${targ}-${dir}
.endif
.endfor
subdir-${targ}: .PHONY ${SUBDIR_${targ}}
${targ}: subdir-${targ}
.endfor

The above line:

    ${targ}-${dir}: .PHONY .MAKE __recurse