Port-i386 archive

re: i386 vs radeondrmkms problem - isa attachments suck

>    The need for loaded firmware from the filesystem at console attach time
>    sounds like a seriously bad idea to me.
>
> Agree.  But that's not the only issue mrg@ mentioned -- even if radeon
> actually attaches earlier, i386 will have already mapped the vga
> registers, causing radeon to fail.

this is not true.  if it were true, it would fail on all systems today
since the vga driver is already mapping them, even if it doesn't
explicitly attach -- otherwise there'd be no early console output.

the radeondrm code doesn't try to map this space.

.mrg.