Port-i386 archive

Re: Marvell 88SE9230 AHCI?

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 02:24:35PM +0900, Masanobu SAITOH wrote:
> On 2014/07/24 14:17, Masanobu SAITOH wrote:

> I noticed that quirk, too. I checked their change one month ago.
> Perhaps the following changes might help:
>

> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/dev/ahci/ahci.c?r1=222285&r2=224498

Those changes seem to modify reset behavior in a way I don't quite understand
(what's the business with clearing and "preparing" the FIS?) and to change
which register is checked for a "signature" after a device is reset.

It appears to me we already always use the register FreeBSD uses only if the
quirk is present.  Since I don't understand what the other change does I am
not sure how to port it to our driver.  Does anyone else see what to do?

Manuel?

> >>  I have SuperMicro X9SBAA-F which has 88SE9128.
> >
> >  s/88SE9128/88SE9230/
> >
> >>I tested with two different disks. One works fine
> >>but another didn't work with "IDENTIFY faied" message.
> >>I've not investigated the detail yet.

Same system I have; same symptom I have.  Though I don't have any drive
that works.  We do correctly probe that a target is present and we get
the link speed right at 6.0 Gbit/sec (though we seem to also probe another
spurious target with speed of 1.5Gbit/sec) but IDENTIFY fails.

Thor