Port-i386 archive

Re: Can't upgrade RAIDframe system -- won't boot from CD

Bah, this sounds like http://gnats.netbsd.org/47406

> I booted from an install CD which uses com0 for I/O instead of the
> VGA card,  dropped into the boot prompt and typing `boot -a' and it
> worked fine.

So you got it upgraded now?

Otherwise another option is to temporarily remove the auto-root marking on
the raid set:

 - boot the old system
 - run: raidctl -A yes raid0
   (this keeps the raid set autoconfigured, but removes the root flag)
 - boot install media, upgrade the installation on raid0
 - at the end of the install, use "Utilities/run sh" to get a prompt
 - run: raidctl -A root raid0
   (this turns on auto-root again, so on next reboot from the raid
   you should get to the upgraded system with working root)

Not elegant, but should work.

Martin