Port-i386 archive

Re: 80386 support

On Thu 13 Sep 2012 at 18:16:41 -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> however, emulators don't address the intangibles.  they don't emulate
> the feel, smell, or sound of the original.

The next release of VICE (the emulator of Commodore 8-bitters) has sound
for the floppy drive. It is just a couple of simple samples of the
whoosh of the rotating floppy, and the sound of the head stepper motor,
but it is surprising how effective it is. (Much more than I expected
when I first heard of it)

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor