Port-i386 archive

PCMCIA/Cardbus not working with neither netbsd-5 nor netbsd6-beta

Hello everyone,

I have a slightly older laptop (was bought around 1999/2000 or so, I
don't really remember), on which I installed NetBSD last night.
At first, I tried NetBSD6-BETA (freshly from CVS).
It worked great, until I noticed that even with the CARDBUS-kernel, my
pcmcia-devices (tried several different) aren't recognized. Not even
with a "not configured" message or anything.
I looked at the dmesg-output and at messages, and noticed that with
CARDBUS, it was disabling the secondary cardbus-port. The first though
seemed to be active, though no reaction there, either.

Today, I tried NetBSD-5, again freshly from CVS...with almost the same
result. The only difference is that now both ports are deactivated.

I am not using self-taylored kernels, only GENERIC and CARDBUS.

I should probably mention that with Windows, both ports work fine. I
haven't tried another BSD nor Linux, yet.

Any help or input is appreciated.

- Volkmar

P.S.:

The messages are as follows (I have appended the full dmesg-output to
this mail, too):

cbb0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0: vendor 0x1217 product 0x7114 (rev. 0x20)
cbb1 at pci0 dev 9 function 1: vendor 0x1217 product 0x7114 (rev. 0x20)
vendor 0x1217 product 0x7110 (miscellaneous system) at pci0 dev 9
function 2 not configured

[...]

cbb0: bad Vcc request. sock_ctrl 0x700, sock_status 0x720
cbb0: disabling socket
new status 0x720
cbb0: cacheline 0x0 lattimer 0x40
cbb0: bhlc 0x824000
cbb0: interrupting at ioapic0 pin 17
cardslot0 at cbb0
cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 2
pcmcia0 at cardslot0
cbb1: bad Vcc request. sock_ctrl 0x700, sock_status 0x720
cbb1: disabling socket
new status 0x720
cbb1: cacheline 0x0 lattimer 0x40
cbb1: bhlc 0x824000