Port-i386 archive

Re: 6.0_BETA boot doesn't complete

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 05:06:43PM +1000, Ray Phillips wrote:
> It's possible to write to the root file system with the 5.1.2 install
> CD so I guess this is a bug?

No, it is just different.

> Also, on the Core 2 Duo PC the CD couldn't be ejected after booting
> because NetBSD didn't release it.  Is that the way it's going to be
> with version 6 ?

Yes, the root filesystem of the install cds is cd0a, and as long as that is
mounted, you can not eject it.
> piixide0 at pci0 dev 31 function 1: Intel 82801FB IDE Controller
> (ICH6) (rev. 0x03)
> piixide0: primary channel interrupting at ioapic0 pin 14
> atabus0 at piixide0 channel 0
> piixide0: secondary channel interrupting at ioapic0 pin 15
> atabus1 at piixide0 channel 1
> piixide1 at pci0 dev 31 function 2: Intel 82801FB Serial ATA/Raid
> Controller (rev. 0x03)
> piixide1: using ioapic0 pin 19 for native-PCI interrupt
> atabus2 at piixide1 channel 0
> atabus3 at piixide1 channel 1
[..]
> atapibus0 at atabus0: 2 targets
> cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615, , FYS2> cdrom removable
                   ~~~~~~~

I don't see any wd drives appearing here, assuming you have a harddisk,
this is probably part of the problem (and may also explain the drive 1
for cd0).

I guess something is not properly detected about your IDE or SATA parts of
the system. Can you provide the 5.1.x dmesg?

Thanks,

Martin