Port-i386 archive

Re: VIA C3 Processors

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 09:56:51PM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
>       Hello.  I'm not sure if NetBSD-5 or -current takes advantage of these
> features directly, but the version of openssl that has shipped with the
> pkgsrc tree since at least 2006 has been able to be compiled with this
> support enabled.  I've been using that support in my day job since July
> 2006 with much success.

OK, openssl support is one thing but the kernel needs to be VIA PadLock (ACE)
aware as well.

This indeed appears to be the case for C3:
    http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/processors/specs.jsp
although the initual commit message for netbsd
    http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/x86/x86/via_padlock.c
says "VIA C5P"; in Apr 2009 the RNG and C3 support was added to v1.11

Adrian