Port-i386 archive

Re: Looking for suggestions for small, low power machine

Hi,

On 25 May 2011, at 1:01 , Andy Ruhl wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone has tried one of these:
>
> http://www.norhtec.com/products/mcjrmx/index.html

Didn't try this one, but I'm using this board:

http://www.e-itx.com/pico820-series.html

It's a bit expensive but powerful and it works great on NetBSD. It never use
more than 10w (with harddisk, compactflash and 2gb). You can find a board+case
in the same site.

Fit-pc2 ( http://www.fit-pc.com/web/ ) is based on the same hardware, but I
never tried it.

> I'm looking for a small, low power machine to run NetBSD/i386 (or
> amd64

If changing to NetBSD/ebvarm is not a problem, you can try seagate dockstar
(it's a sheevaplug) :-)

--
jym