Port-i386 archive

file system recovery

Hello,

I don't really know where to ask this, so I'll try here again.

As I've posted earlier, I have a 5.0.1 i386 box with a dead backup
filesystem (can't fond superblock), which I'd really like to recover.
Can anyone help me regarding what my options/tools are for this? I'd
hardly believe there are no tools whatsoever for recovering data from a
corrupted BSD file system.

I've already tried the simple program posted here:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-i386/2002/05/25/0008.html

but to no avail. Actually, I've updated it to look for both
FS_UFS1_MAGIC and FS_UFS2_MAGIC, but it doesn't print anything - not
even for another, healthy file system. How can I scan the volume for a
valid backup of the super block?

If I should ask these on some other forum, any suggestion regarding this
is welcome also.

thanks
mortee