Port-i386 archive

Re: using GPT support in BIOS boot

Hello!

On Thu, 6 Jan 2011 04:27:38 +0000 Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> Thanks to Mike M. Volokhov for his work during GSoC 2009 that
> made this possible.

I must note that actually Jonathan is the person who finally made it
possible, not me. I'm sorry for spontaneously freezing the project -
life is quite unpredictable thing, so now I must confess I bit get lost
in it. But I'm very happy that Jonathan nailed down the existing code,
improved it, and finally brought it into usable shape. Also, Jonathan
was the very first beta (or even, alpha) tester of the loader, so his
help cannot be overstated from any perspective.

Also, I'd like to warmly thank Allen Briggs and Joerg Sonnenberger for
their extremely valuable support in designing the whole stuff and
mentoring the project. Allen, thank you very much for keeping me on
track during the GSoC timeframe and for you technical leadership!
Joerg, thank you for your brilliant code snippets, and for answering my
stupid questions regarding libsa and other stuff!

Working with all the folks on the loader was really fun job. Thank you!

--
Mishka.