Port-i386 archive

Fwd: Re: ACPI-Problems with NetBSD/i386 and a Compaq DL360 G1

Hello again,

> Upon boot with ACPI enabled, the following lines appear:
>
> ACPI MADT Table:
> system dual 8259 present
> entries:
> lapic: processor id 0 apid 0 enabled: yes
> lapic: processor id 1 apid 1 enabled: no
> lapic: processor id 2 apid 2 enabled: no
> lapic: processor id 3 apid 3 enabled: yes
> ioapic: apid 8 address 0xfec00000 vector base 0x0
> lapic NMI: cpu id 255 input 1
> cpu0 at mainbus0 apid 0<Cursorblock>
>
> Then it freezes, each and everytime.
>
> The system has two identical Pentium III Processors with 1 GHz.
> My guess is that the CPU on apid 3 is used for booting, though I do not
> know why that should be the case. But it's the only explanation I can come up
> with regarding the freezing the moment, NetBSD decides to make use of the
> processor with APID 0...
>
> I will try to boot into the box without ACPI, which will lead to running
> on a single CPU. Then, I will run acpidump(8), and post the information
> here. I am not running -current, only 5.1_RC3, so the information might be
> incomplete.

As promised, the acpidump (dl360.acpidump-r) and dsdt-file (dl360-dsdt).
I tar/bzipped them into single archive.

May it's helpful.

Since the only reliably running DL360 I have at hand will be shipped into its
data-center next week where it will be put to production-use, I won't be
available for further experiments in this field. That is unless I get the
second box up and running again, which currently fails because of two things: a
broken PSU for one thing, and the mysterious fact that it constantly refuses to
work with any other CPU than the one it was shipped with. As the ACPI-Problem
only occurs on Machines with at least two CPUs, running it on the DL360 with
just one CPU won't be helpful even when the PSU is repaired/replaced (which
hopefully will happen in the next few weeks, so I can try to figure out the
weird CPU-refusal problem...).

- Volkmar

--
GRATIS fÃr alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!

GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 fÃr nur 19,99 &euro;/mtl.!*
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl