Port-i386 archive

Re: 64-bit?

>> Comments?  Am I off base, or not?
> Pop in an amd64 cd and see what happens.

I got another mail, offlist, saying that amd64 "will almost certainly
work".

Bolstered by those, I burnt an amd64 CD and tried it.  It works enough
to start sysinst, which I think means it ought to work - certainly
means it's worth putting some effort into.  (I didn't actually start an
install, because there's a bunch of stuff on the disk now that I don't
want to torch.  But I should be able to do something with it sometime
in the next few days.)

See you on port-amd64!  (Well, those of you who are interested. :)

\ / Ribbon Campaign