Port-i386 archive

Any i8259/APIC experts?

I'm trying to get NetBSD up and running on an RDC321x CPU (a 486SX
SoC with built-in ethernet and USB controllers), however as soon as I
enable OHCI support the kernel no longer boots.  As part of OHCI
initialisation there seems to be initialisation of the i8259, and it's in the
function i8259_reinit_irqs(void)  that things go wrong.

outb(IO_ICU1 + PIC_OCW1, i8259_imen);   <---- system lock
outb(IO_ICU2 + PIC_OCW1, i8259_imen >> 8);

I looked into disabling the APIC, however I don't see any easy way of
doing that, playing around with the options relating to this just leave
me with compilation errors.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Biff.

PS:  Project notes are here if anyone is interested:
http://sites.google.com/site/bifferboard/Home/netbsd