Port-i386 archive

Re: bus_space(9) overrides & resource reservations

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 12:06:53PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> You could also override bus_space_map() or whichever routine is most
> suitable.

Yes, and for the sparc case it would work, but sparc64 can do it a
lot more elegantly, and I'm still looking for a way to request the MD
bus_space_* implementation to provide this trick to MI code (in stp4020.c
this is the places where the ASI used for bus access is replaced by
its little endian equivalent).

However, this is a tangent we don't need to follow in this thread (if a
solution for this doesn't pop up by the suggested changes "by luck").

Martin