Port-i386 archive

Re: Xen #ifdef-age & x86 bus_space(9) implementation

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 04:09:44PM -0500, David Young wrote:
> Is there any reason not to add a weak alias pmap_kenter_ma ->
> pmap_kenter_pa, and to extract pmap_kenter_ma() into its own object that
> is linked into the Xen kernels, only?

... and use pmap_kenter_ma() throughout bus_space.c?

Is there any reason not to add a weak alias pmap_extract_ma ->
pmap_extract, too, and extract pmap_extract_ma() into its own
object that is linked into the Xen kernels, only?  Then we can use
pmap_extract_ma() throughout bus_space.c, too, and we can delete
this strange thing:

#ifdef XEN
#include <xen/hypervisor.h>
#include <xen/xenpmap.h>

#define pmap_extract(a, b, c)   pmap_extract_ma(a, b, c)
#endif

Dave