Port-i386 archive

Re: nfs server performance (netbsd-5)

On 24 Apr 2010, at 1:02, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> I have also been seeing aborted builds of NetBSD-5 from a NetBSD-5
> machine NFS mounting sources from a NetBSD-3 machine:
>
> /amd/SERVER/usr/projects/NetBSD/5/src/sys/sys/uio.h:99:27: error:
> /amd/SERVER/usr/projects/NetBSD/5/src/sys/../common/include/sys/mallocvar.h:
> Device busy
>
> I don't know if it's related or not, or if I'm the only person seeing
> this.  it's too bad there's nobody for GSoC to go spelunking in the NFS
> code.  ;)

1.) This is (at least very likely) not a problem in the kernel
    NFS code but a problem in the automounter daemon.

2.) You are not the only one seeing this:

        http://gnats.netbsd.org/41259

3.) I proposed a Google Summer of Code project to get this fixed:

        http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2010/04/06/msg002004.html

Unfortunately it wasn't picked up by any student.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/