Port-i386 archive

Re: odd PS/2 keyboard fail

        Hello.  I'm glad to hear the keyboard is now working.  In answer to
your question about whether anyone cares about the problem, the rule of
thumb I follow is that if the problem persists up to the current release,
i.e. 5.x, then it's still a relevant issue and  it's worth solving and
reporting.  As of today, 4.x is still a supported release, so problems with
it should also be worth solving.
        I don't know if you can, but if it's possible to boot a 5.x kernel on
the machine and see if the problem persists up to that release, that might
be useful.  If it does, then it means the systemic issue isn't resolved,
and debugging it further is actually very useful.
Just my 2 cents.
-thanks
-Brian