Port-i386 archive

Re: odd PS/2 keyboard fail

>> [...PS/2 keyboard goes dead once kernel starts...]

Wow, thanks for the prompt responses!

[smb]
> Are there any BIOS options set concerning USB keyboards?  I wasn't
> using NetBSD in 1.4T days, but I think that a lot of our decent USB
> support is more recent than that; it's possible that your old kernel
> didn't recognize the USB option.

[buhrow]
> [more speculation about BIOS settings and confused kernels]

Well, smb is correct that USB support is dodgy at best under 1.4T.  It
recognizes devices being plugged in and such, but few-to-no devices
actually work right for me under it - not that I've tried all that
many, mind you; if I want USB, I don't use a 1.4T machine.

The drives with 1.4T and 4.0.1 on them are not currently free for the
purpose, but that should change relatively soon (hours at most); once
they are, I'll hook them up and (a) capture dmesg output and (b) see if
I can find any relevant BIOS settings.

\ / Ribbon Campaign