Port-i386 archive

[netbsd-5] machine losing time by the hour

All,

since I have upgraded a few servers to fresh netbsd-5 snapshots, one of the
machines (a P4/3 GHz, Intel server board, GENERIC kernel) started to lose
time like a sieve. The clock seems to run half speed, ntpd(8) is unable to
reign in the box, and does not produce any diagnostics, either.

I suspected some weird HW failure, but rolling back the machine to a
2009-09-21 kernel fixes the issue.

Does this regression ring a bell for anyone? Should I send-pr?

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281