Port-i386 archive

Are there ACPI watchdog timers?

I don't like the idea of banging directly on device registers if ACPI
might think it's managing some other part of the device -- or the whole
thing.

Most SuperI/O and environmental sensor chips (and combinations thereof)
these days include watchdog timers.  I want to hook some of these up to
/dev/watchdog but, if possible, I'd prefer to use the ACPI interface -- if
there even is one.

Can someone tell me if there is such a thing, if it's generaly implemented,
and if so, where it's described?

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost