Port-i386 archive

Re: netbsd-5 system hangs while booting since recent kernel update

Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> Huh. Why aren't these FIXUPs on by default already?

I have been wondering the same thing.  NetBSD/i386 releases used to
include a GENERIC_LAPTOP kernel that had the FIXUP options, but at
some point it was dropped without adding the FIXUP options to the
GENERIC kernel.  It seems to me that this has left a lot of potential
NetBSD users unable to install a binary release, which is bad.

> My laptop needs the bus fixup, and apparently a significant
> number of machines need the fix for BIOSes that don't touch
> the CSR in the right way.

Several of my laptops do, too.  See for example PRs 38868 and 38857.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost