Port-i386 archive

Re: Installing NetBSD on Intel US15W SCH

On 01/08/2010 09:23 PM, Christophe Marchal wrote:
On 01/04/2010 03:58 PM, John R. Shannon wrote:
On 01/03/10 10:16, Christophe Marchal wrote:
On 01/03/2010 03:05 PM, John R. Shannon wrote:
On 01/02/10 16:07, Pjoter wrote:

Hi,

did you try current maybe? Which version of NetBSD do you use?

Pjoter.

It was not in current when I tried it a few weeks ago.

Support is in Linux and FreeBSD.

Thank you John. Is the support in NetBSD planned for the next release ?

I was able to install OpenBSD 4.6. Apparently, the solid state disk (SSD) I purchased for this project was bad; this install is on a normal laptop drive.

Now, I'm unsure whether my problem with NetBSD current was due to the driver or SSD.

I updated NetBSD and compiled it but it stops during the boot at the same step as before. I will compile NetBSD with verbose options to have more information.
Thanks for your help.

Christophe

PS: Here is a screenshot of the monitor http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2682/4257661202_2e4fe252da_b_d.jpg
Last lines displayed are:

Intel product 0x811a (IDE mass storage, interface 0x80, revision 0x07) at ? dev 31 function 1 (tag 0x8000f900, intrtag 0x8000f900, intrswiz 0, intrpin 0, i/o on, mem off, no quirks): Intel product 0x811a (rev. 0x07)
pciide0: primary channel interrupting at ioapic0 pin 14
atabus0 at pciide0 channel 0
pciide0: secondary channel ignored (not responding: disabled or no drives?)
isa0 at pcib0
pckbc0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x64

If I understand well those line, NetBSD doesn't manage to access the hard drive.

Here (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2645/4257196287_877a4d9890_b_d.jpg) is a more detailed log. Intel US15W SCH storage seems to not be supported by NetBSD.

Christophe