Port-i386 archive

Re: IEEE 1394B (FireWire 800) Card

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 5:35 AM, Bill Chiarchiaro
<wjc%chiarchiaro.com@localhost> wrote:
> Does anyone know of an IEEE 1394B (FireWire 800) PCI or PCI Express card
> that works with NetBSD 5.0_STABLE / i386 and delivers FireWire 800 speed
> (i.e. disk reads at 70 Mbyte/sec or better)?

Sorry, no answer, only old information:

I'd be interested to know as well. The last time I tried to use
firewire, it was years ago and may have been on amd64. It was also
400, not 800. But as soon as I plugged in my iPod, it would panic the
box.

Have you actually tried any firewire devices yet?

Andy