Port-i386 archive

Re: Sensors on Asus P2B-F?

Well, the device that you have is not behaving as a good chip should!

It does occassionally return a "valid" value when we retrieve the device's configuration register, but not consistently. (Sometimes we get a good 'cr = 1', sometimes we get bad 'cr = 69'). But the device doesn't report a valid vendor ID (0x6f6f is neither Winbond nor ASUS).

It does report a potentially-valid chip ID 0x88, but that is only valid if vendor ID is ASUS.

I have just fixed the piixpm code to set the bus type field. This will enable the I2C_SCAN code to actually work. Can you grab rev 1.30 of
src/sys/dev/pci/piixpm.c and rebuild and try again?

I really doubt that what you have on this motherboard is a real lm chip, based on its strange behavior.