Port-i386 archive

ACPI shutdown problems

Hi all,
I have a reasonably modern laptop (couple of years old) that doesn't play well with ACPI. It says it is switching into ACPI level 5 or rebooting, but it doesn't. IIRC this used to happen on 4.0 as well as the current 5.0_RC. This problem doesn't affect Windows or Linux.

I have no interest in debugging ACPI or much else on my laptop. I have more than enough other things to do. I am happy to file a PR and test other people's stuff though.

What information should I put in the PR. I know nothing about ACPI and don't have time to learn. I've found http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html and can submit the equivalent information in the PR.

Cheers,
Lloyd