Port-i386 archive

Re: Install kernel from 200903060000Z panics

On Mon, 09 Mar 2009, Darren Reed wrote:
> I downloaded 200903070000Z's i386.iso from ftp.netbsd.org
> and upon booting it, it panic's and resets...
>
> Is there a way to at least turn on ddb for this?

If you can get to the boot loader command line prompt, then
"boot netbsd -d" asks the kernel to drop into ddb as soon as possible.
I don't know if that helps you; ordinarily the kernel would drop into
ddb on panic automatically, but perhaps the ddb.onpanic sysctl is
turned off.

--apb (Alan Barrett)