Port-i386 archive

Re: NetBSD and the Intel D945GCLF(2) board..

* Adrian Portelli:
> I quite like the soekris boxen and also lately have been replacing them
> with ALIX boxes[1] as there a bit cheaper (for what I needed).

Thanks for that hint! I knew about the Soekris boards, but they're a bit out
of range for what I'm willing to spend. That ALIX.2D2 board, however, seems
like it's more or less exactly what I need. It's a bit more expensive than
the Atom board I was looking after, but the built-in DC-DC converter makes up
for some of that, and so does the compactPCI slot and second NIC.

How is the performance of these? I've heard various opinions about the
Geode CPU, but they all seem to agree that they're rather slow..

--
Martijn van Buul - pino%dohd.org@localhost