Port-i386 archive

Re: INSTALL kernel [Re: CVS commit: src/distrib]

ad%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

> - mount the install CD-ROM image
> - export via tftp+nfs
> - configure dhcp/bootp server
> - boot

Should we provide generic "bootserver" CDs as cobalt? ;-)

Anyway, I wonder if it's worth to prepare an independent
kernel module set split out from base.tgz, or
at least put them into ${RELEASEMACHINEDIR}/binary/modules etc.

Modules are not tied to userland but required by kernels,
so it's useful if we can get them without too large base.tgz.
---
Izumi Tsutsui