Port-i386 archive

Re: Help with Eclipse 3.4 under NetBSD, emulated or otherwise?

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 08:13:35PM -0800, Scott Presnell wrote:
> Hi,
>       I've been using Eclipse 3.1 native under NetBSD 4.0 for a while, and I
> would like to move up to version 3.4 (Ganymede).  I have tried using the linux
> version (e.g. eclipse-SDK-3.4.1-linux-gtk.tar.gz) with several different JVMs
> (sun-1.5, jdk-1.5.0, jdk-1.6.0 from wip), but with each I end up at the
> following error:
>

> !ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2008-11-13 20:06:12.046
> !MESSAGE Application error
> !STACK 1
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no swt-gtk-3449 or swt-gtk in

Well, I have a natively compiled eclipse sdk 3.4.1 (not the ganymede
distribution
but the source dist of 3.4) with jdk 1.6.0 here. I haven't compiled the swt's
yet but it's obviously (trusting ktruss) the only thing lacking from having it
working. If you have another week of patience, we might see what comes out of
it (sick atm, not working on it at home, so monday is earliest for trying and
compile the native swt gtk libs).

The good news so far is, it only requires "trivial" modifications to the
source package of eclipse (trivial as soon as you find out what's wrong).
I think building jdk15 to build jdk16 from wip was harder than building
eclipse. I'll see which monsters hide behind the next turn (building the
native GTK SWT). I expect some. The idea behind my doing is to provide a
patchset for a more recent eclipse to someone who is savvy in creating
packages. Maybe this someone then can create a native wip/eclipse34 or
whatever. Alternatively I can give the compiled i386 beast to whoever
trusts me. But let's wait and see if I succeed first...

Regards,

-Martin