Port-i386 archive

Re: netbsd-3 floppy overflow

On 5 Oct 2008, at 0:52, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
the i386 bootfloppy from the netbsd-3 branch overflows again.
commenting out "options DDB_HISTORY_SIZE" and "ehci* at pci?" makes it
fit again ... this shouldn't cause big issues, as ehci devices should also have a uhci/ohci companion and USB devices should still work (but slower).

I'm not sure that disabling ehci(4) is a good idea. It could slow down
restoring systems from an external USB harddisk a lot.

But to be honest I'm not sure whether ehci(4) works well enough in the
"netbsd-3" branch for doing that.

Any better idea ?

I would rather remove support for some antique SCSI driver.

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/