Port-i386 archive

Re: trouble with libpthread. [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Eric, & Martin,

thankyou v much. this env variable has got me going.

I will cc pkgsrc-users for their info.
Guys: gtkpod has a pthread bug.

& I'll try to do some gdb if i get a chance.

thanks,
Paul.

Eric Schnoebelen wrote:

> "Paul (NCC/CS.)" writes:
> - i have a problem that says it's coming from libpthread when running
> - gtkpod.
> -
> - su% gtkpod
> - gtkpod: Error detected by libpthread: Unlocking unlocked mutex.
> - Detected by file
> - "/home/builds/ab/netbsd-4-0-RELEASE/src/lib/libpthread/pthread_mutex.c",
> - line 363, function "pthread_mutex_unlock".
> - See pthread(3) for information.
> - Abort (core dumped)
> - su%
> -
> - i have 4.0 NetBSD .
> -
> - can anyone help here ?
>
> It looks like the application is being rather caviliar about its
> thread management.  It's trying to unlock a mutex that hasn't
> been locked. (of course, this "just works"(tm) on Linux.)
>
> If you don't feel like debugging the problem, and reporting it
> back the gtkpod developers, you can read the manual page for
> pthread(3), and learn that setting the environment variable
> ``PTHREAD_DIAGASSERT'' to ``A'' will allow the application to
> run.
>
> --
> Eric Schnoebelen                eric%cirr.com@localhost
> http://www.cirr.com
>     "If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd
>              better not start writing it."  -- Dijkstra

Paul
Australian Bureau Of Meteorology

"In a world without walls and fences,
who needs windows and gates ?"