Port-i386 archive

Re: Sysinst "bypass fdisk" option?

Hello Martin,

   MH> The problem is that without fdisk you have no MBR, and the BIOS
     > will not load the first part of the NetBSD bootloader.

    I imagine the secondary bootstrap loader is too large to live in
the boot block of a disk with a BSD disklabel that is not contained
within an fdisk 'BIOS level' partition. It should be possible to write
a small boot block that didn't require fdisk, but then I suppose there
is the question of where the secondary bootstrap loader would live.

Thanks,
  - Andy Ball.