Port-i386 archive

ACPI/APM suspend errors related to yds

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 07:11:51PM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 12:47:55PM -0400, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
> > Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >I need a kernel without any ACPI support, because ACPI is broken for me
> > >on a specific notebook.
> >
> > Did you raise a PR on it?
>
> No, because I don't expect that it can be fixed, because of the age of the
> BIOS,
> which is 8 years old. IMHO the ACPI implmentation is too broken to be fixed,
> but
> I would like to be proven wrong.

I just tried a 4.99.71 and it seems to work better.
Now I remember my problem which was related to suspend to disk.

> I need apm too for suspend to disk too.

Fn + F12 didn't supsend with ACPI. Nothing happens so I tried it without
ACPI and with apm and the first message was this (both devicies are attached
to yds0):
  Devices without power management support: opl0 mpu0

Then I got some BIOS message:

PCI Parity Error On Bus/Device/Function 0048h
PCI System Error On Bus/Device/Function 0060h
PCI Parity Error On Bus/Device/Function 0060h

One of the 3 errors didn't show up when I did the suspend, but appeared
during resume.

Then the cardbus slot was dead (i removed the card which was in
it before starting the suspend).

It doesn't show up when I disable yds, but that doesn't mean everything
is working because fwohci0 is now causing problems:

fwohci0: Phy 1394 available S400, 3 ports.
fwohci0: Link S400, max_rec 2048 bytes.
fwohci0: Initiate bus reset

The keyboard is frozen and the cpu fan is running at full speed.

Bernd