Port-i386 archive

Re: Problems with acpi

On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, Damian Lubosch wrote:
Hi!

I am Damian and I am working with Konrad.
I compiled a new kernel based on the sources of July, 27th. So far the ACPI warnings have vanished. I have another problem though, the mysql database is not starting anymore because of "[1] Bad system call ${NOHUP_NICENESS..."

Probably an issue with the threading library changes from 4.0 to 5.0.

I guess I'l have to update the userland, too, which I am doing right now. Is there a better/faster way than doing it with "make buildworld, make buildkernel=GENERIC, make installworld" ?
How could I do it with binary packages?

http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-updating.html

Cheers,
Jared