Port-i386 archive

Passing kernel parameters to netbsd via pxelinux

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a network booting environment capable of booting the
following for PC maintenance purposes:

1.) An NFS rooted debian installation
2.) The debian installer
3.) An NFS rooted NetBSD i386 installation
4.) Memtest86+
5.) Grub

All but NetBSD are working. The reason for this being that I can't get NetBSD
to automatically download its kernel. (Interrupting the boot and typing "boot
tftp:netbsd.i386" works. (The .i386 extension is to differentiate this kernel
from the alpha and sparc64 kernels in the same directory, so just
plain "netbsd" is not an option.)

I want to keep things as generic as possible so that any arbitrary box can be
netbooted and have things done to it.

Is there some way to make pxelinux / pxeboot_ia32.bin load a specific kernel
without having to do things to the dhcpd configuration?

Thanks,
--
Mark Ter Morshuizen
www.itbox.co.za