Port-i386 archive

Re: Eee PC and SDHC access

On Sun, 11 May 2008, Joel CARNAT wrote:

I gave my Eee PC 701 a (Transcend) SDHC (Class 6, 16Go) card.
If I plug it into the "native" card reader, I can copy small files
(pictures and audio MP3 ripped files) but not big ones (ripped DVD
movies).
If I use the USB adapter (sold with my SDHC), then everything transfers OK.

This is actually a fairly common problem with the EEE PC. Thinking on
the net has it that the built-in SD reader simply doesn't get enough
power. It occurs in Linux and XP.

Recently, some folks over at http://forum.eeeuser.com/ claim to have
had success by using an overclocking utility to adjust the voltage
of the processor without changing its clock speed. See:

http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewtopic.php?id=2602

I have not tried it (I don't have an SDHC card), so I can't vouch
for it.
--
roger ivie
rivie%ridgenet.net@localhost